Do you have any of these signs and symptoms?
· Always feeling tired - bad fatigue, especially in the afternoon
· Can’t concentrate - brain fog and memory problems
· Hair thinning or lots falling out, or loss of eyebrows
· Bad periods, bad PMT - hormonal imbalance
· Breast cancer or prostate cancer in the family
· Really dry skin, brittle nails and poor nail growth
· Thyroid problems - including Graves and Hashimoto’s or goiter
· Heart palpitations, including arrhythmias
· Muscle pain, cramps and weakness - including Fibromyalgia
· High cholesterol
· Headaches - including migraines
· Cold hands and feet - cold intolerance
· Heat intolerance - hot flushes
· Can’t fall pregnant and miscarriages
· Kids with ADHD and other concentration issues
· Weight gain and sluggish metabolism
· Sleep problems and always feeling down
· Radiation exposure - including EMRs from Wi-Fi and mobile phone use
· Exposure to fluoride in tap water and bromide from sprayed fruits and veggies, imported coffee
· Iodine patch test on skin disappears rapidly
But isn’t there enough iodine in food?
Unfortunately, no. Unless you live on a diet of shellfish, sea vegetables, seafood and seaweed EVERY DAY, then you are not getting enough iodine in your diet!
That is because there is very little or no iodine in our soils which our food is grown on.
Even organic food doesn’t contain much iodine.
How to increase your iodine levels.
1. Take a kelp supplement. Kelp is a type of seaweed, which is very rich in iodine and other needed trace minerals. Make sure it comes from waters that are relatively clean, like Tasmania e.g. Tasmanian Bull Kelp. Put 1-2 teaspoons daily in a juice or green smoothie.
2. Take 2 drops of Lugol’s iodine daily in water, juice or milk. Lugol’s is a brown liquid supplement from your local chemist. Cost is $7.95 for a 25ml bottle - also called aqueous iodine solution.
3. Lugol’s iodine can be slowly increased up to 8-10 drops daily. Please consult with your local naturopath or nutritionist to help determine the right dose for you.
4. Do regular iodine patch tests on your inside wrist – if it disappears quickly, that is within 24 hours, you need to keep taking it or applying it to your skin, like the soles of your feet.
5. Read Dr David Brownstein’s book, “Iodine- Why You Need It, Why You Can’t Live Without it” for a better understanding of why you need iodine.
6. If you want a more accurate diagnosis of whether you do lack iodine then get an Iodine-loading Test, which is a 24-hour urine test. See your natural-minded doctor for this test.
It cost about $70.